Art Gallery of Prague Castle - Prague Castle, Second Courtyard
Prague Castle, Second Courtyard
Modern exhibition spaces of the Art Gallery of Prague Castle, situated in the North wing of the New Palace on the Second Castle Courtyard, were created in the 1960´s in the former imperial stables. Only few objects were preserved at the Castle from the extremely valuable Rudolph´s collections, most paintings were acquired throughout the 17th century and then in the 1930´s using finances from the Masaryk fund. The core of the collections is formed by paintings of Czech Baroque artists and canvases of major Italian, German, Dutch and Flemish old masters. The Art Gallery is open to the public again since 1997; from a total number of approximately 4000 pantings, only a hundred of the most important ones is on display.